Book Review: Seduced In The Dark by C.J. Roberts

Seduced In The Dark by C.J. Roberts
  • Released:Jan. 23,2013 by Neurotica Books, LLC 
  •  Dark Erotica, Romance, Contemporary
  • Dark Duet Series#2, 505 pgs 







The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark.

What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance?

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?





The nature of human beings revolved around one empirical truth: We want what we cannot not have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie.

Breathtaking. Phenomenal. Romantically dark. Seduced In The Dark has caused me some intense sleepless nights. Not to mention it has compelled me to question my moral compass. Granted it was already under examination.

Seduced In The Dark is a story within a story mostly told from Livvie’s  POV. We’re also grace by a tad bit of Caleb’s POV. Not mention we’re introduced to Agent Reed, the FBI investigating Livvie’s case.

Fast forward 4 months Livvie is currently in a hospital. She’s being question about the events surrounding her captivity and her escape release .

Her master is gone. She’s broken. Her story is bone chilling it stayed with me long after the last page. Livvie should never be considered as a weak victim. She has to be the strongest heroine in my reading history.

I've  been doing this a long time - manipulating people to get my way. That’s why you think you love me. Because I've broken you down and built you back up to believe it. It wasn't an accident.

I officially have a love, lust, hate relationship with Caleb. In the beginning actually hated this man. He could be so mean. On the other hand he has a way to make the pain feel so good. After a while I started understand why he cause Livvie so much distress. He wanted her to live. On some level you could say it was his way of showing he cared.

I think I’m suffering from Stockholm's syndrome...but I think I’m ok with that.

Ms. Roberts writing captivates. I was able to not only connect with both the story and the characters. I actually craved more.

If you have read Captive In the Dark, which you should have. Especially before taking on Seduced In The Dark. You still will be face with some dark subjects i.e. rape, sex slavery, mental and physical abuse. If you can get past those things I would strongly suggest you not only add Seduced In The Dark on your TBR list, but actually devour it.


Inquire about C.J. Roberts
         





No comments :

Post a Comment