Review: RELEASE DAY BLITZ -Body of Law, Volume 1 by Amanda Lance



Body of Law, Volume 1 by Amanda Lance
RELEASE DAY BLITZ




December 4, 2014
This routine is
killing me.

Day in and day out,

it’s; the same thing: go to work, bed a whore, get a criminal off on a
technicality— pretty standard for one of Chicago’s most established criminal
defense attorneys. Yet I’m almost positive that if I don’t find something to
get me out of this rut I’ll go as crazy as the murders I defend.

And when Violet
Donovan walks in, the smart-mouthed intern who is anything but routine, I’m sure
those pouty lips and fuck-me eyes are just what I need to get my cock and love
for the law twitching again.

Too bad she also
happens to be the daughter of the man who once tried to mentor
me.

Too bad she’s
completely off limits.





Volume 1 of Body of Law just happens to be my first experience with Amanda Lance’s writing and while it was not a complete winner I did enjoy it just the same.

Violet Donovan, made it to the top of her class now finds herself when a paid internship with one of the city’s most prestigious criminal law firm. Soon she realizes that she is assigned to her one of her father’s previous student and crush Sebastian Scott. Almost immediately the tension between these two is palpable, but Violet is determined not to allow that to stand in her way.

Truthfully there is NOT a plethora of highlighting qualities in regards to Sebastian. He’s mean, self absorbed, a womanizer ( and its not in a good way, I know there’s really not any good way for this quality but some people can pull it off with some form of swag. I digress. While currently I have a disdain for him the fact that he came to Violet’s aid when she was being harassed by one of the other associates made him appear more humanlike.

I’m sure the reason things progress fairly quickly is due to the fact that its a serial novel, but I found myself getting lost and having to go back. The interchanging of the first and last names of the characters threw me for a loop as well. Despite all of that the writing style kept my attention and made me want more. So once volume 2 is made available I WILL be reading it.

 photo arccopy_zps7036bb0c.png.



~*~ABOUT AMANDA LANCE~*~
A native of New
Jersey and lifelong nerd, Amanda Lance recently completed her Master in Liberal
Arts at Thomas Edison State College after her BA in English Literature and AFA
in creative writing. As an avid reader of all genres, some of her favorite
authors include Hemingway, Marquis de Sade, Stevenson, Bukowski and
Radcliffe.

When she isn’t


writing or reading, Amanda can found indulging in film noir or hiking with her
other half and their extremely spoiled dog. She is obsessively working on her
next book and trying to tame her caffeine addiction.


No comments :

Post a Comment