Book Review: Hands Off! The 100 Day Agreement by Candy J. Starr


Hands Off! The 100 Day Agreement - Candy J. Starr
Published Dec. 3, 2014
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Goodreads * Amazon

One hundred days without sex? Is that even possible?

When I got offered an exchange to the Italian art school of my dreams, I nearly cried. I could barely afford college expenses at home let alone in a foreign country but it’d break my heart to knock them back. Then my rich and uptight grandmother called with her offer.

If I stopped screwing around, she'd foot the bill. So I agreed. I figured she didn't really care about my sex life, she just wanted me to keep my partying off the radar.

I was so wrong.

The sexy but annoying Chad moved into my apartment to keep me under surveillance. Why wasn't Chad dying to get into my pants like every other guy I've met? He had secrets and he wanted me to fail.

One hundred days is a helluva long time to avoid temptation – even longer when Chad becomes the temptation.








Thank you Ms. Candy J. Starr for taking me on this entertaining ride of one girl really finding herself. I’ll be honest the cover is not what caught my attention,but it was more so the title and blurb. Another truth I’m almost certain that I didn't read it correctly.Luckily my assumptions were correct that this was going to be the equivalent of 40 days and 40 nights, which it was but I was this was the female version.


After a few chains of events Lucy Baker, queen of the party girls has the opportunity to take a trip of a lifetime to study what she loves, art. Unfortunately for Lucy she doesn't have enough money to make that dream come true. As fate would have it her grandmother, whom I dislike very much offers her the money to go, but there’s a catch she had to abstain from having sex or anything her grandmother would considered immoral for 100 days. To make sure Lucy keeps her words she assigned a bodyguard, Chad Ferris.


Just the existence of Chad annoyed Lucy for no end, but I found the banter between the two kind of cute in a chick flick kind of way. It was kind of hard to get a feel for him since we never had the chance to get inside of his head. In my opinion Hands Off, would have been that much better with his POV.

While the events that took place felt somewhat predictable, I still found myself very much entertained and I even had a few moments of the butterfly feeling. Truthfully I cannot figure out why this is the first time that I am experiencing Ms. Starr’s talent, but I will make sure I add her the list of author’s to watch out for.







No comments :

Post a Comment