Book Review: Chancing On You by Melinda Ellen


Chancing On You - Melinda Ellen
Published May 14, 2014
Stand alone
Gerne: NA. Contemporary, Romance
Goodreads * Amazon * B&N



Hope Andrews has been trying to find her place in the world for the past seventeen years, but being an orphan and getting shipped from home to home hasn't always made it easy. Between her current foster carers who are to busy getting high to the bullies at school who make her life hell, Hope finds solitude in her music. She's silently counting down the days until she turns eighteen and can finally make her escape once and for all, but what she doesn't count on is the new guy Jaxon Broad turning her plans upside down.


After leaving the city behind which was tainted with his past, Jaxon moved to live with his brother. He needed to escape the memories that haunted his dreams and swore him off relationships. So when he lays eyes on the intriguing brunette Hope, he's not prepared for the feelings that keep stirring within.


But will their second chance at happiness be destroyed when their pasts won't let them go?




After reading an excerpt and seeing the title I was more than excited when I was given the opportunity to read Chancing on You, unfortunately for me the excerpt was one of the few highlights while reading this one.


Many times I wanted to give up and put this on a dnf list, that I don’t have because I refuse to quit, not to mention I lead myself to believe that this was going to get better. Considering all of the positive reviews that I read, so either of one of two things happened I received a faulty copy or the issue was with me.


Hope Andrews life was anything, but easy. Her current foster parents were horrible people and that putting it nicely. She’s been subjected to abuse of every form, instead of telling someone she’s just keeps her head down and count down the days until she becomes of legal age. While her head was down she bumped into the newest addition to her school bad boy Jaxon Broad.


Jaxon also has dark cloud over his head and hoping to escape his past. Of course since he’s the new mysterious guy every girl wants him, but the top mean girl get him. didn't find anything special about him, for me he just didn't have that “thing” to make me swoon.

While I did enjoy that there was drama, angst, and my all time favorite dual pov. I just couldn't get into. The characters were flawed, but in the way the slap yourself 3 times type of way. The dialect bothered me a bit, but otherwise Ms. Ellen writing was well done.

 photo gray2_zps3e7f8195.png

 photo arccopy_zps7036bb0c.png

No comments :

Post a Comment